Creative Commons License
Super Friends by Whitney Holwadel Smith is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at whit-superfriends.blogspot.com. Super Friends: I'm not impressed

Friday, November 4, 2011

I'm not impressed



"Pale but smiling, an international crew of researchers on Friday walked out of a set of windowless modules after a grueling 520-day simulation of a flight to Mars."


Whit spent 465 days in the hole.

The mock-astronauts will be paid $100,000 for their trouble.
It cost Whit his life.

They spent their time doing research and reading e-books.
Whit spent the time between a rock and a hard place, trying to walk the line between the inmate code and the prison rules, and undergoing constant psychological abuse and the threat of violence from both sides.

The "researchers" left "pale but smiling."
Whit left in a casket.

"If you can't do the time, don't do the crime," many will say. I say, if you want to know what doing the time really means, read my son's blog.


1 comment:

cieldequimper said...

And I say that every man and every woman deserves dignity. Yes, even the worst tyrants...

I trust that other than angry you are okay? No reply to my emails...

Hugs