Creative Commons License
Super Friends by Whitney Holwadel Smith is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at whit-superfriends.blogspot.com. Super Friends: Low Blows

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Low Blows

There's a conspiracy against me, I'm sure of it. My evidence? Never in my years as a Terre Haute tenant have cornflakes been served. Until today. Daylight savings time not coming into effect until Sunday (it is Thursday as I write this), this morning was as dark as it gets surrounded by security lighting. I sat down with my brown plastic tray of processed corn meal and emptied the 1/2-pint carton of milk into the compartment. Had the cell been a little better illuminated I probably would have seen the clumps of rotting cream before tasting them when taking my first bite of cereal now soaked in rancid dairy. An inspection of the milk carton when the sun rose revealed an expiration date of March 11. The ruthless bastards actually forged an expiration date! They pissed in my cornflakes. Lieutenant Howard, this has your fingerprints all over it. You've won the battle, but the war is far from over.

10 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Hey Whit, know what? That *has* happened to me before. With milk bought at the supermarket. OK, there was no battle to be fought.

Ninoushka said...

Lieutenant Howard was just trying to introduce you to real fromage, what's wrong with that?

Ninoushka said...

cieldequimper > it happened to me with chocolate I bought at the grocery store some years ago... The expiration date was good, but it was during Summer and apparently chocolate doesn't like high temperatures... anyway the bar had been invaded by a huge colony of tiny white worms... cute, huh? :-D

cieldequimper said...

LOL@Nina!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a little "extra" texture for your cereal well and your taste buds. What was worse taking it down or it ocming back up assuming it did?

Damn Super W where are your Super powers when you need them!! Bastards!


Super J

Whit Smith said...

Nina, whose side are you on?

Whit Smith said...

Anonymous: Ha ha, unfortunately Super W's superpowers are sometimes no match for the vile and wicked tactics of the infamous S.I.S. office. Those people are MEAN. and crazy.

Ninoushka said...

@Whit > I'm on the fromage's side! obviously lol

Whit Smith said...

cieldequimper, my sympathies go out to you. You've got at least some idea then of how psychologically traumatizing my experience was. Don't worry, we'll endure these haunting memories together :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.