Creative Commons License
Super Friends by Whitney Holwadel Smith is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at whit-superfriends.blogspot.com. Super Friends: Lifeline

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lifeline

Please allow me to express my gratitude towards everyone who continues to read this blog, and to those of you who are responding actively. You are being a lifeline to me. Over the next day or two I will be posting the words of dear people who spoke at Whit's memorial yesterday. They are a valuable extension of his own voice, and will provide further evidence, as if any were needed, of the truly heroic, generous and loving nature of my son. Letters from Whit and photographs will also be appearing here. This affirmation of life must continue.

As I may have said before, I am also wanting to have his blog published, along with a selection from the thousand or more letters he wrote, all of which are collected together with every letter I wrote, in chronological order in 3-ring binders. I have no idea how to proceed with this, and it will require the work of an editor. If anyone is in the position to give me some direction, I would welcome that. I can be contacted directly at jeff.transtech@gmail.com.

With much gratitude
Jeff

3 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Hmmm... I need to think about that... I'll be away for a while with limited access to modern technology so I'll have time to try and be creative for a change.

ninja said...

I admire the fact that You continue this. I think it's the right thing to do but can only imagine how hard it can be.

Anonymous said...

Jeff, Whit was obviously a genius and a talented (and sadly, tormented) artist and visionary. I feel certain that his brilliant writings and messages will become widespread and widely appreciated, and will bring infinite value and wisdom to many, many people.

I assure you, his life was not in vain. My heart goes out to you and your entire family.